Dan and Kim Christian have established themselves as among the premier accordionist's in the world. Their unique ability to play together with exact precision is unparalleled anywhere else on the planet. They have excellent technique and mastery of the accordion. Performances are charged with vibrant energy and a passion and love that create an experience that will be cherished.
Dan and Kim met when Kim was just 5 years old and Dan began taking lessons from Kim’s father. Kim’s parents have run a successful accordion school for over 50 years. Both Dan and Kim grew up competing yearly at music festivals where they both have won many,many trophies.
Both Dan and Kim have taught music lessons for over 35 years, educating hundreds of people in the art of music. Several of their students have received full music scholarships to the Lamont School of Music at Denver University. They have both directed many award winning accordion orchestras, ranging from beginner to virtuoso, including the National Champion Accordion Orchestra.
Dan and Kim have performed extensively throughout the US, with engagements in Canada and as far away as Beijing, China at the Beijing Philharmonic Hall. Performances also include a 2 year run of their own production entitled “Music Makes the World Go Round” in Branson, Missouri. While in Branson, Dan and Kim experienced performing on the same stage with Bobby Vinton, Andy Williams and Les Brown.. among other great entertainers. They continue to play over 200 gigs a year and thoroughly enjoy each and every performance.
Dan Christian at a glance:
- Four time Rocky Mountain Accordion Virtuoso Champion Winner
- Winner of the Prestigious Anthony Galla-Rini traveling Trophy
- Director of the US National Champion Accordion Orchestra with record of 1st Place wins across the country
- Esteemed arranger and transcriber of music for accordion orchestra, duet and solo including works by Tschaikovsky, Dvorak, Saint Saens, Schubert and many others
- Spotlighted solo accordionist for the premier run of 'La Curandera", the first opera to highlight the accordion as the principal instrument.
- Arranger for the music for the Christian duo's original Branson production "Music Makes the World Go Round"
- Accordion teacher and educator for over 40 years
Kim Christian at a glance:
- US National Champion (AAA)
- Honorary bronze medal winner World Champion (Coupe Mondiale)
- AFNA Virtuoso Solo Champion
- 2 Time RMAS Virtuoso Champion
- Accordion Major at Loretto Heights College Denver, CO
- Director of many accordion orchestras from beginner to virtuoso with extremely successful winning record
- Producer and Manager for "Music Makes the World Go Round," the Christian duo's original Accordion Show based in Branson, Mo.
- Accordion teacher and educator for over 35 years